26 May 2020

1994 Action Soldier

One of the 3 3/4" GI Joe action figures I had on my wish list was the 1994 Commemorative Action Soldier.  I was able to add a couple of them to my collection.  One I am keeping in the box, and the second one I was able to get I removed from the box so I could display it.  

I like the look of the figure as they tried to recreate the 12" figure into the 3 3/4" size.  They do a pretty good job, even including the iconic GI Joe scar on the right cheek.  The only complaint that I have is that the helmet is not removable, but that's just my personal preference.

Here's a look at the packaging of the Action Soldier.
Box front

Back of box

Trading card

Inside box flap

Here are a few shots of the action figure:


You can see the scar on Joe's right cheek!



These action figures were "individually numbered for collectibility" and you can find the number number on the bottom of the left boot.



On a side note, one of the Joe's I purchased had a very strong smoke odor that I noticed when I got it in the mail.  Unfortunately, I have bad allergies and wasn't sure how to get rid of the odor.  I did some research and experimented by placing the action figure and accessories into a zip lock back along with an open box of baking soda.  (I used the Arm & Hammer Fridge-n-Freezer odor absorber so it wouldn't spill in case it got knocked over!)  After about a week, the odor was gone!  Since then, I've learned to ask sellers if there are any odors on the action figures before I purchase them.  

This 1994 Action Soldier is a great collectible.  It commemorates the original 1964 GI Joe Action Soldier 12" figure in a shrunk down version but faithfully includes the iconic cheek scar.  If you ever get a chance to add one to your collection, I highly recommend that you do!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment